Foundation / Corporation
WITH Foundation (WITH), the American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry (AADMD) and Ability Central
09/04/19 11:59 PM PDT
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations and IHEs to encourage geographic collaborations that improve healthcare for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Funding is intended to foster new partnerships in local communities that will lead to improved health care quality and delivery for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Proposals should focus on the development of additional resources, programmatic models, and/or advocacy related to Supported Decision-Making (SDM) for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who use Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC).
Proposals should use one of the following approaches:
- Educational materials and/or Process Development: Develop additional educational resources and/or process information related to SDM
- Place-based Implementation: Supports place-based implementation of SDM models, i.e. projects that support the implementation of supported decision-making within a specific healthcare institution or system, community organization, etc.)
- Advocacy: Supports local, regional, or national advocacy related to SDM
The four tenets of informed consent should be addressed in a proposal’s approach are:
- Does the individual understand the treatment that is being proposed and the reason for the treatment?
- Does the individual understand the risks and benefits of accepting the proposed treatment?
- Does the individual understand the risks and benefits of rejecting the proposed treatment?
- Has the individual had the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers about the proposed treatment in a manner that is understood by the individual?
For additional proposal components, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 181843
It is anticipated that at least 4 grant awards will be made - at least two (2) of the grants awarded will be to nonprofits located in California and at least two (2) will also be to nonprofits located outside of California.
Each grant award will be up to $100,000.
The 1-year grant period is expected to begin by March 1, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=with
2225 E. Bayshore Rd., Suite 200
Palo Alto, CA 94303
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming