Foundation / Corporation
Maine Community Foundation - Peaks Island Fund
06/01/20 11:59 PM - Applications for Rapid Response grants will be considered as they are accepted.
Grants of up to $10,000 to Maine nonprofit organizations, municipalities, public schools, public agencies, and Indian tribal governments for projects that address the emerging needs of local community residents. Funds are intended to better the lives of residents. Projects must serve and impact residents of Peaks Island.
To be considered for funding the applicant organization and proposed project must meet all four of the following criteria:
Peaks Island Fund will give priority to projects or organizations that:
Types of Support
The Peaks Island Fund will award grants to support: 1) new or expanding projects; 2) capacity building; 3) general operations; 4) equipment or renovations; 5) rapid response.
1. Project support for new or expanding projects
2. Capacity-building support is for activities designed to make an organization stronger, more successful, or more efficient. This includes:
3. General operating support for organizations whose core mission is clearly and directly related to the fund’s priority areas (see above). Organizations may apply each year for operating support of $10,000 annually with a maximum of $20,000 over two consecutive years. Organizations that receive two consecutive years of general operating support must wait two years after the second grant is awarded before they can apply again for general operating support.
4. Equipment or renovation support needed to meet an organization’s mission. These renovations or equipment cannot be related to or part of a capital campaign.
5. Rapid-response support for new or unexpected needs that do not fit the timeline for the regular grant program. The rapid-response grants will support small grants ($2,000 maximum) for:
GrantWatch ID#: 181462
- $10,000 maximum for regular grant cycle
- $2,000 maximum for Rapid Response grants
Organizations that receive two consecutive years of general operating support must wait two years after the second grant is awarded before they can apply again for general operating support.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://maine-grants.fluidreview.com/
* The online application opens for new proposals approximately four months prior to the grant program deadline.
For any questions regarding the Peaks Island Fund, please contact Gloria Aponte C., senior program officer, at email@example.com or by phone at (207) 761-2440.
For additional questions please contact Amy Pollien, Grants Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Maine: Peaks Island
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants of up to $50,000 to researchers affiliated with USA qualified institutions for research in the field of pediatric oncology. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended to increase the institution's capacity to conduct
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length films in eligible genres. Funding is intended to support nonfiction films at any production phase from development through post-production. Films should demonstrate effective storytelling
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and territories nonprofits, for-profits, non-federal agencies, tribes, and individuals to promote the adoption and development of innovative approaches to conservation in agriculture. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several week
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International graduate psychology student for research and demonstration projects that foster understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholastic achievement, primarily for children in kindergarten through eighth g
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Donations to USA nonprofit organizations for programming support for arts, pre-K-12 education, and literacy programs across the country. In addition, sponsorship opportunities are provided to USA for-profit and nonprofit organizations focusing on literacy, the arts, a