Foundation / Corporation
The Morris Family Foundation
10/09/17 11:59 PM CT
Grants to USA nonprofits for a broad range of education projects operating inside or outside the USA with a particular interest in supporting underserved populations and the creative use of technology. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible before the deadline.
Funding is primarily awarded as seed money to new or expanding programs.
The grantor will fund programs that:
- Support the growth of innovative, effective educational practices
- Support education in its broadest definition; i.e., the transmission of information
- Support projects centered on learners across the lifespan.
- Take place in traditional school-based settings, take the form of vocational education, distance learning, or the transmission of cultural information.
Funding will be provided for one-time seed grants to innovative projects which may not otherwise get off the ground. Ideally, grantees will assist in building an infrastructure to support an ongoing project. The Foundation will assist grantees in securing future funding, if necessary.
GrantWatch ID#: 156301
Up to $64,250
The Morris Family Foundation does not provide funds to:
- Non-501(c)(3) organizations
- General operating support
- Capital campaigns
- Events or fundraisers
- Organizations primarily engaged in lobbying or political activity
- Congregations or religious organizations (including schools) for projects that primarily benefit their own members or for evangelical purposes. Exceptions may be made for programs that:
1. Receive broad community support,
2. Keep separate financial statements,
3. Primarily benefit persons outside their congregational members.
Grant applications will be due by 11:59 pm Central Time on Monday, October 9. Early submissions are welcome and encouraged.
The Foundation will contact each applicant regarding his or her respective results before the end of the calendar year. There is presently no limit to how many grants you may submit or the number of times you may apply.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=themorrisfamilyfoundation
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming